Don't worry, you can go into settings, general, accessibility, VoiceOver,
Languages and Dialects. You can then pick any language and voice for which you
want to download the enhanced quality voice, which will sound a lot less
garbled. Note that if you're connected to Wifi and your phone is plugged into
power and locked, the phone will download the high quality voice for your
primary language without you having to do anything.

Grant