From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Alex Hall
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:48 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: BlindSquare, A Disappointment

First, I do not have this app, but I have done a lot of research into it and
am thinking of buying it at some point.

That said, it all depends on what you want from a navigation app.
Blindsquare can't do turn-by-turn directions, so that's where other mapping
apps come in and it is why Blindsquare can run in the background. What you
can do, though, is monitor a POI, with the app telling you where it is in
relation to you as you move. This way, if you know the general layout of
your area but not where a specific point is, you can find it easily enough.
You can also set up triggers to have the app alert you when you pass within
a distance you pick of a point you pick. For example, if you need to have
the bus stop at First and Main, just set a 200 meter trigger for that spot.
You can then use the app to see your current street, and when you are on
Main or First and the app alerts you that you are within your notification
distance, you can have the bus stop or remind the driver where you need to
get off.

On Oct 27, 2013, at 11:41 AM, Richard Turner <richard.turne...@gmail.com>