Well, I started a podcast playing, paused it with the two-finger double tap. I
then started a youtube video playing, and paused it with a two-finger double
tap and the podcast began playing.
So, I think the problem app is Youtube. It isn't picking up the two finger
double tap, or podcast, TuneIn Radio, and Voice Dream are depending on which
one was last used before Youtube.

In other words, no matter what you had been playing before a youtube file, the
previous app will respond to the two-finger double tap.

Richard
(Sent from Richard's iPod Touch 5th gen)