Double tap the "When timer ends" control. On the next page, go to the bottom and double tap "Stop playing". You'll hear a beep and VoiceOver will repeat "Stop playing". Now double tap the Set button at the top of the screen, and you'll see that where it says "When timer ends", it now says "Stop playing" next to it.

To set the timer in the Timer tab, you'll see two controls at the top of the screen. The first will say something like "0 hours, picker item, adjustable" after a pause, you'll then hear "swipe up or down to adjust". The second control will say something like "18 minutes, picker item, adjustable". To set the timer, flick left or right to get to one of those controls. Once you're on one of those controls, flick up or down to change the setting. Once you have the hours and minutes set to what you want, swipe right a few times and double tap on the start button.

On 11/22/2013 01:36 PM, Pinky wrote:
Hi,

When I go to the timer tab and then I go to the bottom where VO says
stop playing  and I double tap on that it doesn’t say anything.  How do
I know I have stop playing selected?  When I tried selecting it and set
the timer the alarm just went off until I hit ok. So what am I doing
wrong here to get the Bard book to stop playing?

Also how do I set the timer.  I know I can set it with Siri.  I would
like to know how to set it when I am on the timer tab.  It says
something about sliding my finger to set it but that isn’t working for
me.  What am I doing wrong?

Ed

*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On
Behalf Of *Christopher Chaltain
*Sent:* Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:54 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: timer on BARD

Have you taken a look at the Timer tab in the Clock app yet?

The timer goes off when the time is up, so you can start the timer
before or after you start reading the book.

In the Timer tab, you use a few picker items to set how much time you
want to tick off, like 15 or 30 minutes. You then double tap on the what
you want to happen button and select stop playing from the bottom of the
list. It's below all of the alarm tones you can choose. Once you've done
that, you just double tap the start button and the timer starts counting
down.

If it were me, I'd start the timer and then start the book reading, so
you don't have to deal with the VO and the timer settings while the book
is being read.