Hi Alex,

In your situation it looks like the letters for CONE aren't in the right
order. the "E" isn't touching the "C". They need to touch each other in
order. Normally the game would take care of moving the letters around for
you, but I think some of them might be blocked in (or can't be moved
without locking it).

Locked tiles are visually denoted by being darker than unlocked tiles. So
the ones your mom sees as a darker color are locked.

Hope this helps,
Kwasi