Hi Kate,

When I was making this decision, I went to my local cell phone store and
compared the two phones side by side. I found that the iPhone 5S was just
slightly faster than the 5C, but I liked the feel of the 5C better in my hand.
I also found that VoiceOver sounded richer and fuller on the 5C's internal
speaker, as compared to the 5S's, which can be crucial in noisy environments,
such as the one in which I was testing. I'm not always wearing an earpiece, so
this was important for me.

The 5C is not a repackaged iPhone 5. The 5C has a better FaceTime camera and
battery than the 5, and it runs iOS7 more smoothly, so it is still an
improvement over the 5. For a comparison between the 5 and 5C, see this review:
http://m.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/review/2300475/apple-iphone-5c-vs-iphone-5-head-to-head-review

I bought my phone subsidized on contract, and for me, in the end, the hardware
differences were not significant enough for me to pay double the price for the
lowest capacity phone. My iPhone 4 was starting to grind to a hault, and I
purchased my iPhone 5C so that I could get work done while traveling.

Since the iPhone 5C was released alongside the 5S, I don't think support for it
is going anywhere anytime soon. I am impressed with it, and it meets my needs
well.

If you can, compare the two side by side, and choose what's best for you.

Cheryl

Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sent from my iPhone