Hi Todd,

I understand where you are coming from and that the challenges you face are
different and in many ways tougher than those somebody has who is "just"
blind. However, this list is not or should not be a platform for political
issues and what I said has nothing to do with pride. However, the hard fact
of life is that blind people are a very small minority and deafblind people
are an even smaller minority. I think for the most part we should be
grateful to Apple for setting such a high bar for accessibility on one of
the most popular out of the box devices; this was unheard of until 2009 when
Apple included Voiceover as a standard feature in iOS. Yes, I know you don't
care about Voiceover, but remember that braille support which you do care
about is also part of Voiceover.

Now, should we be grateful for what Apple did and not encourage them to
improve it? No, of course not, and part of the purpose of this list is to
help the members to be proficient with their iDevices so they can provide
objective feedback to Apple via the accessibil...@apple.com email address.
Where many companies require you to use some complicated web form to provide
such feedback, Apple has also made this extremely easy and I'm quite sure
these emails do get read, they are considered and categorized as well as
prioritized.

I don't know if there is a specific list for deafblind iDevice users, but if
there is not maybe you should consider starting one since you appear to care
a lot about this. I don't, of course, want to imply that you have no place
on this list, far from it, but I think while there are quite a few people on
the list who do have some hearing loss, Voiceover users by far make up the
majority of this list and hence it is not surprising if the focus of the
discussions is on Voiceover.