And let's not forget the seeing eye's one month subscription.  Something
like that could be done with knfb reader as well.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Alex Hall
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 2:21 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: KNFB Reader App

Regarding a free trial or lite version, here's a concerning tweet KNFB just
sent out:

Folks interested in iOS app trials should bring the complaints directly to
Apple. The iTunes app store has no mechanism for supporting this.

Of course, that isn't technically true. They could offer a free app with an
in-app purchase to unlock the full feature set, or they could offer a free
app that is restricted as well as the full-priced (and full-featured) app.
There is no trial mechanism, true, but there are ways around it that other
apps use. MBraille uses in-app purchases, for example, while Voice Dream
takes the two-app approach. Had I not been able to test them, especially
Mbraille, I probably would not have bought them.

On Jul 7, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Ron Pelletier <ron.pellet...@sympatico.ca