To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 8:43 PM
Subject: RE: Advocates for blind, deaf want even more from Apple

Here is what amazes me:

"as the creator of the modern smartphone and a long-time champion for the
blind, Apple is feeling the most heat,"

I find it funny how Apple once again seems to be under attack more than
Google about accessibility yet they were the ones who started out of the box
accessibility. It's the same with any small security vulnerability, if it
happens on an iPhone Apple gets crucified and google who puts out a platform
with allows for very easy security compromises and where almost any junk can
make it into their app store seems to get the praise for doing all this
amazing stuff.

It also seems that advancing accessibility just can't go quick enough for
some radical advocates out there who apparently can't wait to let this run
its course a bit longer to see where it goes. There is always time for
legislation if it's necessary but I would say that this type of main stream
accessibility has made some pretty big strides in the last 4 or so years.
Oh, yes, where is Windows Phone in this? Here they talk about forcing people
to make apps accessible and Microsoft hasn't even made the platform
accessible. I wonder why these angry people and I do think a lot of these
so-called advocates are angry, don't vent their frustrations where it's
needed. The sense of entitlement which goes along with this drives me up the
wall and I think there are other areas of accessibility deserve a lot more
attention than accessible apps. I wonder how they'll force game developers
to make completely visual games accessible and then there are of course
photo/video editing apps, drawing apps and so on which also should be fully
accessible, right? What a bunch of baloney.