From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Traci Duncan
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 11:19 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Sonos multi-room Wireless music system was: Bluetooth speakers

Interesting, so this sort of streaming technology reminds me a bit of the
Chrome Cast.  There is very little to no battery drainage with Chrome Cast
because the stream is happening over the wifi network, not on your device.

Couple more questions....

I'm reading mixed reviews on Sonos Bridge set up.  A reviewer mentioned that
the bridge needs to be a few feet away from the router, is that true?

For now, I would have the bridge upstairs & the play 1 downstairss.

How often have you guys experienced drop out & the need to reset everything?

Thanks,
Traci

On Jul 14, 2014, at 12:04 AM, Jesper Holten <jesper.hol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
> We got sonos in our household back in April, and we have not looked
> back sinde then. before sonos we had an ipod touch, wired to a couple
> of computer speakers in our bedroomd and the back wired to an
> amplifier in our living room. All fine if it wasn't because the
> various apps we used were breaking up the signal from the various
> Internet radio stations more often than we liked.
> Thanks to Sieghard and others we finally got convinced that Sonos
> might solve our needs  for listening to radio and music services such
> as spotify or Wimp and we went out an bought 2  play 1 for the bedroom
> and kitchen, and the small  connect pre-amp that Works smoothly with
> our Integrated amplifier.
> We listen to quite alot of radio from around the World, as well as
> music and podcasts and we do not listen to the same Things all the
> time. The fact that you can tether one or more of the units together
> to play the same thing is so nice, as well as playing individual
> contents in seprat rooms when that is needed is really something we
> have missed and really love.
> As for the risk of suddently loosing accessibility in an app is that
> not always something we risk as visually impaired costomers. If I
> recall back in the time people were worried that apple might pull the
> plug on voice over, yet that has not happened.
> Sometimes you need to take a chance in life and in regards to sonos it
> is a chance worth taking, at least for me and my Family. Should sonos
> break accessibility eventually in the apps across all platforms, and
> can it not be undone, I am sure we can sell the hardware without too
> much  trouble, and we think the gain of Sonos is worth the Little risk
> of sonos forever making their apps inaccessible.
> HTH,
> Jesper.
>
> On 7/14/14, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:
>> No, Sonos has to be hard wired to the router. This can be achieved by
>> either wiring one of the players to your router if your router is in
>> a room where you also want a player, if not just use the Sonos Bridge
>> and connect it to your router. The bridge then creates the Zigby
>> network which is what all the other Sonos players use to communicate
>> with each other.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Sieghard

stuff, but the app is fairly simple so it's OK.