I'm sorry but VoiceOver on my 5S has now complete crap on IOS 8 as for the
second time today VoiceOver has completely crapped out while tapping the screen
at the same time a push notification comes through. VoiceOVer just dies and if
I press the home button and tell Siri to tell Siri to turn VO on Siri tells me
VO is already on. Ok, really then why am I hearing nothing but clicks. Then I
go to press the power on/off button and the home button to restart the phone
and now that doesn't work as I hear the photo being taken sound. Really
impressive job with IOS8 Apple. I'm sorry but this IOS 8 release with all of
its bugs is total crap and a really piss poor job by Apple for the blind
community. If you haven't upgraded yet don't until 8.1 and that is if Apple can
be bothered to actually make some VO changes in that one as it is obvious there
engineers are more focused on other areas and VoiceOver is at the bottom of the
food chain. Time to start at least listening to what Droid is doing, never
thought I would say that having been on the iPhone since the 3GS and completely
shifting all my products to Apple, but this release and the 35 or so VO bugs is
making me start to think maybe Apple isn't the answer.