And there's no option not to update if you're getting a new device. You need IOS 8 if you're getting an iPhone 6.

On 9/25/2014 11:02 PM, Neal Ewers wrote:
Actually, everyone does not have a choice. Some people work for companies
who only use Apple. So if the phone doesn't work, then you may be out of
luck. You are right, of course, when you say that people may not have to
update. However, some companies update all people at the same time. If the
device belongs to the company and they decide to update, you don't have a
choice. The good thing is that I doubt many companies have updated many
people this early in the release cycle.

Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Joanne Chua
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:56 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Release schedules [was "Re: iOS 8.0.1 is out"]

Everyone have a choice. If you, as a customer, are not happy with what they,
Apple, are offering, you, as a customer can always get to the Samsung/Google
wagon. They, as Apple, didn't put a gun on your head and force you to get
the newest and latest. They, might put the software on your phone, but you,
as a customer can ignore it.

The customer should be their focus, because that's their source of income.
As a customer, I'd rather wait until the product is made right.  I can
wait

for a few months to get a new iPhone.  It'll come out when it works
properly.  There's no harm in using what is stable and usable for a
while longer.  I still think that I, as a business, would be better
off by getting

a reputation of producing quality, even though it may take a bit
longer, rather than producing fast and shoddy.  If they have to make
something by their deadline, and that something is very buggy, then
maybe they should move their deadline back next year, get it right,
and then put it on the market so that it works fairly well the first
time it is sold.  I'll take quality over speed every single time.

---
Be positive!  When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're
finished,

you! really! are! finished!