Hi Kliph,

I think a new Apple TV in 2015 is almost a certainty. They will not add a hard
drive or at least it is highly unlikely. However, a new Apple TV could replace
your cable or satellite receiver and offer you access to everything you
currently get from your cable or satellite provider. Developers have also found
code which indicates a new Apple TV could be tied into Home kit and become a
hub for all your home automation and connected devices such as thermostats,
door locks, security systems and so on. Furthermore a new Apple TV would most
likely get its own app store so third party developers can make their own apps
for Apple TV. This means you would be able to use many apps you use on your
phone on your Apple TV like your favorite Podcast apps, things like Audible,
Spotify or even your banking apps and then there of course is gaming.

In short, there is a hole lot Apple could add and while it may have started out
as a pet project, I don’t believe that it is and just because apple hasn’t
updated it in several years doesn’t mean they aren’t working on something which
when it will come out blow everybody’s mind. Steve Jobbs said at one point that
he solved the issue of the living room or whichever way he phrased it and
whatever apple is going to do probably is just taking time. For one thing they
have to negotiate with all the content providers so they can offer all the
channels available which you are used to getting through your cable or
satellite provider. Wouldn’t a fully accessible set top box which gives you
access to anything you want plus offer an app store and full access to home
automation be nice? Why use my iPhone and run down it’s battery when I’m at
home if I can do everything I can do with my iPhone on my Apple TV?