Kurt,
On 1 Sep 2009, at 13:35, Kurt J wrote:

Hi Hugh,

After a long WE, i just got back and tried to reproduce this
dead-locking... with no luck.  So that's a mystery.  I've re-enabled
the odbc sparql inserts and we'll see if it gets back to dead lock
again.

load via the ODBC connection and not if you load directly via isql can you create an ODBC trace of this fail load attempt by enabling tracing as detailed at: http://wikis.openlinksw.com/dataspace/owiki/wiki/UdaWikiWeb/ GeneratingClientsideODBCTracesAllDrivers

did this, altho i did not have a /bin/odbc.ini file in my vos dir.  is
this right to create one?  seems /bin is a strange place for an ini
file.  further more, the log file is specified are not being
populated.  not sure what's up here.

[Hugh] You should use the odbc.ini where the DSN being used for your ODBC connection resides, "bin" is the location we install this file with our products and reference it by the $ODBCINI env variable which takes preference of other locations this file can reside in as detailed at:

http://www.iodbc.org/index.php?page=docs/faq#iodbc333712082

Note you need to restart you ODBC application also the tracing to be enabled when iODBC is loaded (or which ever ODBC Driver Manager you are using).

Regards
Hugh

It might also be
useful to enable Virtuoso tracing with the trace_on() function to see what activity is occurring on the server when this deadlock occurs:
http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/fn_trace_on.html

will do as well.  thanks!

-kurt

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------- Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on