Roberto,

On 30 Mar 2011, at 15:24, Roberto García wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
>> Note, there is a later Virtuoso snapshot build available from the following
>> FTP server location:
>>

>> ftp://download.openlinksw.com/support/vos/virtuoso-opensource-6-20110308.tar.gz
>
> I have installed and tested it.

[Hugh] I presume you would have seen the official 6.1.3 archive is now
available for download from source forge.

>> The Virtuoso SPARQL endpoint does provide and option to serialize results as
>> RDF/XML that you could trying using, see:
>>

>> http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/rdfsparql.html#rdfsparqlprotocolendpoint
>
> Yes, I've been able to dump a proper version of the graph using this.
> However, the dump_one_graph method continues generating invalid blank
> nodes.

[Hugh] So you are encountering this issue using the dump graphs method detailed
at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtDumpLoadRdfGraphs

If so, can you provide some sample data we can load to recreate this ?

>> To use the virtjdbc4.jar, simply include it in your classpath rather then
>> using the virtjdbc3.jar, when compiling and running the program ...
>
> It complains about jdbc3 classes and packages. As I see in the Jena
> connector source code, it is linked against JDBC3 classes so I assume
> that it shouldn't work with JDBC4. Or is there another implementation
> of the Jena connector using JDBC4? I've been unable to find it in the
> 20110308 package.
>
> Finally, I continue experiencing many mysterious "Tag NNN"  exceptions
> and other more specific like:
> java.lang.Error: java.lang.ClassCastException:java.lang.Short cannot
> be cast to openlink.util.Vector
>       virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoConnection.read_request(Unknown Source)
>       virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoFuture.nextResult(Unknown Source)
>       virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoStatement.close(Unknown Source)
>       virtuoso.jena.driver.VirtuosoQueryExecution.close(Unknown Source)
>
> net.rhizomik.rhizomer.store.virtuoso.VirtuosoStore.query(VirtuosoStore.java:185)
>
> I'm using ARQ 2.8.7 and also teste ARQ 2.8.6. Should I use an older
> version of Jena ARQ or this is due to another problem?

[Hugh] My mistake the Jena provider is bound to the virtjdbc3 driver, we are
planning to update it to use the virtjdbc4 driver.  I have corrected the
documentation which implied it could be used with the virtjdbc4 driver also.
Do do you have a test program we can compile locally to recreate this issue as
the virtjdbc3 driver should work (simply updating to use virtjdbc4 is not
likely to resolve it). It seems there is a problem returning the  data in the
result set ?

Regards
Hugh