Hi Hugh,

I suspected that the solution was to grant execute for this function, but
just in case...I granted this privilege to 'SPARQL' user and now i have the
typical message:

Virtuoso S1T00 Error SR171: Transaction timed out

basically, the query i am trying to perform is something like:

PREFIX foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
PREFIX ...

INSERT
{
  GRAPH <http://example.cat>
  {
    ?s a vocab:sth .
    ?sth foaf:name ?name .
  }
  GRAPH ?anotherGraph
  {
    _:bn foaf:name "case" .
  }
}
USING <http://source.cat>
WHERE
{
  ?s foaf:name ?name .
  BIND(iri(concat(str(?sth),"_",str(?name))) as ?s)
  BIND(iri(concat(str(?s),"_data")) as ?anotherGraph)
}

2014/1/21 Hugh Williams <hwilli...@openlinksw.com>

> Hi Núria,
>
> As for the other function you should be able to grant execute ... to get
> around this:
>
>         GRANT EXECUTE ON DB.DBA.L_O_LOOK TO "SPARQL"
>
> We have had a report of this error before and is should have been fixed,
> thus can you please confirm the steps, you performed to get this error and
> confirm the version and build date of the Virtuoso server being used
> (virtuoso-t -? ) ...

The steps were:

1. Installation of Virtuoso server from develop/7 branch in github
3. Query the prior query in the Virtuoso sparql endpoint
4. An the following error message come up:

Virtuoso 42000 Error SR186: No permission to execute procedure
DB.DBA.SPARQL_INSERT_QUAD_DICT_CONTENT with user ID 106, group ID 106

Solved granting the function with execute privilege.

and the version and the build date of the server is:

Virtuoso Open Source Edition (Column Store) (multi threaded)
Version 7.0.1-dev.3207-pthreads as of Jan  9 2014
Compiled for Linux (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 1998-2013 OpenLink Software

thanks!
nuria