>>  o when there are slides or movies, i want to be able to see them or
>>    even pull a pdf to view locally
> Those are very two very different requirements. Do you have a strong
> preference for one way or the other? If so, why?

they are two ways of meeting one need, to see the slides.  i am sure
there are more.  as what my list is asking is difficult, i choose not
to over-specify *how* it is accomplished.  i wanna see the slides.

my guess is that seeing them as projected, while seeing the speaker and
the floor speakers, requires more cameras and so forth, downloading the
pdf may place less burden on the implementation.  but that is just a
guess.  i can live with either.

btw, in '98, when i was laid up at home, i remotely spoke at and
participated in a caida workshop which pretty much did all this.

i suspect we have wrapped ourselves around the axles of ephemeral tool
technologies (jabber, meewhatever, ...) and itu-like process.  we have
become cumbersome and have forgotten how to listen to the users,
experiment, prototype, ...  so what we do today is not even as useful as
what we did in the past when we were young and alive.

let's drop this massive document crap and empower some extreme media
geeks and let them play in paris and vancouver and see what actually
works and is useful.

randy