Personal experience from yesterday, being a remote presenter for about half of the session in the IRI WG meeting:

- Meetecho gave a lot of options for audio. When testing, the Java stuff didn't work, but Skypeout from Japan into the Italian Meetecho PSTN number worked.

- The echo was tough, mostly for me. I only had to filter out my own voice, so I knew what was coming. There was some heavy echo for other remote participants also, but apparently not all the time.

- The interrupt thing is *really* tough. Once there was a question, people in the room started arguing, and I was cut off because I didn't want to interrupt (given that I "had a mike", it would have been possible to interrupt, though, strictly physically speaking).

- I think there is also some cultural dependency re. interrupt timing. A pause of so many (milli)seconds may mean "you can interrupt me now if you need" is some culture, but it means "I'm still talking" in another culture.

- For long distances (half around the globe), the interrupt thing starts to be a problem independent of the technology.

So I'd say: Please keep PSTN as an option; it's maybe not the best in terms of quality, but it's very good in terms of reliability.

Regards,   Martin.