On Mar 30, 2012, at 11:31 PM, Martin J. Dürst wrote:

> On 2012/03/30 22:15, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Dave Cridland<d...@cridland.net>  wrote:
>>> On Fri Mar 30 14:01:52 2012, Yoav Nir wrote:
>
>> I have carried my laptop up to the mike when channeling people
>> precisely so that there could be some
>> amount of interaction when their question was asked. This is pretty
>> cumbersome and could certainly be improved by technology.
>
> From a usually remote participant: Thanks, great idea.
>
> As a general suggestion: Let the "channeler" sit just besides the mike, so
> this involves minimal effort.

Requires a room with more than one working mic. Sometimes that's all we get.

Stupid related question:

98% of the people in the room have two or more devices with a mic in their
possession during the meeting. Why do we queue at mics and needs special mics
for scribes when we've got all this idle hardware laying about the room?

A simple SIP conference bridge with UAs sporting "push to talk" and time-delay
features (echo avoidance) might make life much easier.

--
Dean