Craig A. Berry wrote:

So now we're getting to the problem that was Yitzchak's first theory,
namely that it's a case problem, more specifically, the case-leveled
names returned from File::Find do not match the case-preserved names
in the hash, so we delete the files because they are not recognized.
One way to deal with this would be to acquire or build a
case-tolerant tied hash and use one of those instead of an ordinary
hash.  Basically when you look up a case-preserved name in the hash
and it doesn't match, it will then look up a case-leveled version for
you.  Schwern suggested this solution a long time ago for
ExtUtils::Manifest::manifind() and it's still needed there, so
perhaps we could put such a package in a place where both MM and MB
can use it.  I think there are a couple of implementations on CPAN .

Try

$DEFINE DECC$EFS_CASE_PRESERVE ENABLE

And blead will preserve the case of files on ODS-5 volumes. On ODS-2 volumes they will be uppercased.

Note some of the lib and external modules may still be assuming that VMS means all lowercase filenames because this feature is still not implemented fully.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only