From: John E. Malmberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Paul Marquess wrote:
> > From: John E. Malmberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >>Paul Marquess wrote:
> >>
> >>I was afraid of that.  I guess I need to do a massive delete of that
> >>tree and then refresh it and see if that helps.
> >
> > Yep, sounds like a good plan.
>
> Ok,
>
> I deleted all of the "Zlib" directory trees and pulled down new copies.
>
> I still have the following failing for the same reason, so obviously
> there is another directory tree that I need to get cleaned up.
>
> ext/Compress/Zlib/t/05examples.....................FAILED at test 3
> ext/Compress/IO/Zlib/t/010examples.................FAILED at test 3

If you wiped the complete ext/Compress directory tree, then the only other
thing that could possibly affect it is the directory tree under
t/lib/compress.

> >>It looks like the external gzip tests are only run if /bin/gzip is found
> >>by some test.
> >
> > All I do is walk the PATH and for an executable called 'gzip'.
>
> I removed the ability for /bin/gzip to be found and the test was not
> run.  I do not have "PATH" set.

OK.

> >>I have other applications that need this to work.
> >

> > OK, I'll leave it as it is for now then.
> >
> > Will the redirection fix make this problem go away for VMS, or will the
> test
> > script need to be smart enough to know when to disable itself?
>
> I would hope that I (or someone) can create a proper redirection fix.  I
> think I can easily implement ">", "1>", "2>" and "<".  I do not think I
> will be able to implement ">>" or "|".

The interop tests can be easily changed to use ">" instead of "|". I'll make
that change to my development copy.

> The next step after that is to get Perl on OpenVMS to optionally use the
> GNV Bash shell when it is available and the proper options are set.

Paul

NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/