At 5:31 PM -0600 3/24/06, Ken Williams wrote:
>Hi Craig,
>
>I've applied a modified version of your patch, which I've attached.
>It creates a new method, _backticks(), which will avoid shell-quoting issues
>completely, when possible.  I also deleted your change in run_perl_command()
>because it didn't look quite right.
>
>What's status look like now, with these changes?

This didn't quite apply against what's in blead, so I pulled the
latest from CVS on Sourceforge.  It falls down pretty hard like so:

$ perl Makefile.PL
# running Build.PL
List form of piped open not implemented at lib/Module/Build/Base.pm line 347.

I can't remember why this isn't implemented, and even if we find a
way to fix that, you couldn't depend on it now.  The various Test::*
modules have pretty robust cross-platform ways of running Perl
commands, so perhaps you can borrow what they're doing.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Literary critics usually know what they're
talking about. Even if they're wrong."
        -- Perl creator Larry Wall