Carl Friedberg wrote:
John, Peter, Craig, et al,

I think that Carl Friedberg gave me a copy of a logical name module that he had started. I have not had time to look at it.

I did, but it was a long time ago. I'll be glad to have
another look at it; I think that code needs more work
before getting mainstream use. But, it is very important,
and not overly difficult.

IIRC, I broke the v0.01 interface, but I will be happy
to discuss any of this, if anyone ever wants to use it.

After you get the interface defined, I think that it should either become part of VMS.c or statically linked with it.

VMS.C is currently looking up and caching the values of several logical names. If those logical names are changed through VMS::LOGICAL then it may be desirable to update the value inside of VMS.C to match.

Special care is needed with the logical names that control C features, as it is an alternate method of controlling behavior.

We need to find out what happens if you create a logical name to change a feature to be different than what it was specifically set to using the decc$feature_*() api, and behave the same way in VMS.C

I may need this to make the ODS-5 handling work on older versions of VMS.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only