I don't know details but with my W2K viewer, viewing unix machines, I find
once the viewers are not active or not iconized, the update frequency is
much less or even not-at-all. This must be handled by the viewer such that
the servers don't send their screenupdate..

I can imagine that this monitor viewer, only updates the screen at a given
frequency, say once every (configurable) number of seconds. Then only the
full-blown viewer needs the full update, others only at the given intervals.

Then there is the scaling: for the tiny monitors, if the server understands
scaling, then it should be instructed to do zo if the view to that machine
is minimized.

Yes, if all displays are open (say on a vidiwall) then it occupies a lot of
bandwith.

CBee