Actually, that's the point of Floyd's original procedure, as documented here in
the second topic down:

http://dev.remotenetworktechnology.com/vnc/vnc.htm

It was a way to install VNC correctly through a remote session.  One purpose of
it is to correctly allow VNC install and config without needing to go onsite to
do it.