Kevin,

Your problem is the X-applications and the selection they use for cut and
paste: CLIPBOARD, PRIMARY, or CUT_BUFFER0.  This can be a problem on Solaris
itself if you mix and match older x utilities with newer CDE utilities.
Example, "xterm" (AND Xvnc) use CUT_BUFFER0, while "dtterm" uses PRIMARY.  I
often use xclipboard or xcutsel to facilitate copying between applications
as well as between windows and Xvnc.

Xvnc rules of thumb using xcutsel:

NO copy from Windows to Xvnc --> "copy 0 to PRIMARY"
No copy from Xvnc to Windows --> "copy PRIMARY to 0"

Regards,  Glenn Lovitz