Grant,

I tried the xstartup I mentioned in my last message but although the cut/paste buffers
appeared to be working (using autocutsel06) I had problems with my CDE.

I tried various combinations along the lines of what Charles Hines suggested in his
post to this group on Dec 3rd. The best I could get was with the xstartup looking like
this:

#!/bin/sh
dtession &

CDE runs but I can no longer access some of the window setup via the buttons on the
'toolbar' at the bottom of the screen (such as the Application manager/desktop
controls which I typically use to set the wallpaper to none, to speed up the
connection). This isn't a real problem however as I am able to set the desktop
controls using the mouse ..

right click/Tools/Style manager

The only real problem I have with this setup is that my Backspace and Delete keys are
no longer recognized (really annoying). Hitting the BS key just returns '^H', hitting
the delete key aborts what you had typed and issues a LF/new line.

I am hoping this is something really simple, maybe with this new setup (dtsession &) I
now need to configure in my .dtprofile, my .login or my .profile,

do you or anyone else in this group have any suggestions?

thanks,

Kevin