Harry Henderson wrote:
> I sent the below question about a few days ago and didn't get a single
> response.  Was hoping someone might catch it and have a few ideas this time
> around.  Thanks.
>
> >I am using the Windows VNC server (Win2k, v3.3.3r9) and a Windows client
> >(Win98 SE).
> >
> >When regularly using Windows (no VNC) a common way to highlight/select
> >text to copy to the clipboard using the keyboard is by holding shift and
> >using the arrow keys to select a few characters or a few lines, etc.

William Hooper replied:
> I have seen the same behavior.  It is on the Known Bugs list:
> http://www.realvnc.com/3.3.4-known-bugs.html

I had the same problem but with Win98se and Windows VNC server
3.3.5. I was puzzled to read that the problem was supposedly
fixed in 3.3.5!

I looked at the above link and couldn't see the problem in the
known bugs list. However, when I looked in the 3.3.5 list ...

  http://www.realvnc.com/3.3.5-known-bugs.html

it was there!

  Date              11 Nov 2002
  ID                16
  Platform/Program  Windows 95/98/ME server Shift with mouse
                    click, or arrow keys etc does not work
  Workaround        None
  Status            Fixed in 3.3.6

I have since upgraded to Windows VNC server 3.3.6 and all is
now fine and dandy.

I'm sure folks were trying to be helpful, but the contents of
the archives really had me confused. I hope this posting is
useful to others.

Phil Harman