As a developer that has contributed both code an money to improve the Unix version
of TightVNC I would like to add my 2 cents.

Send some money to the developers of Tight to improve VNC or submit some code.
Don't complain when developers make some awsome changes to VNC and release it for
free.

Also, besides file transfer, XOR encoding, toolbars and Back Buffer acceleration,
most of the changes recently done in any version of VNC is to workaround the
horrible Windows platform.  The Unix VNC server is stil better than the windows
version even with the amazing amount of work put into the windows version.

Greg Breland