TightVNC has been MUCH better than the stock VNC from AT&T for a couple of years
now.  RealVNC was a great step toward catching up with TightVNC, but it has a long
way to go.  Although RealVNC is just as good as Tight when running over a LAN,
nothing touches TightVNC over low bandwidth connections, including PcAnyWhere.
Terminal Services and Citrix are the only faster options.

RealVNC is usable over a cable connection, but TightVNC is much much faster and is
even usable over dialup.

I almost exclusivly use the Linux TightVNC client and have never had it crash on me.

Greg Breland