Sue> Hello William,
Sue> Do I have to have SSH running on the VNCViewer client in order to this,
Sue> or is the VNCServer PC side enough?

Both would be needed.

Sue> I want to be able to reach my PC from any other PC without special
Sue> software (except for VNCViewer, of course, which requires no install and
Sue> can be carried around on a diskette).

I'm guessing PC means M$ Windoze, and I'll bet that PuTTY (an SSH client):

will fit on that floppy alongside the VNC Viewer and probably doesn't require
any special software either.  Just a guess, mind you, as I don't generally use
Windoze and have never used PuTTY (just knew of it's existence).

I believe there is a link on the RealVNC site to a couple of documents on
using SSH with VNC, in case that hasn't been mentioned yet.  I know if you
search the mailing list archives you'll find a wealth of info on the subject
as well.

Good luck.

Chuck

--
Charles K. Hines   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Principal Scientist at ReQuest Technologies Inc   (http://www.ReQuestTech.com/)

       of course, we ARE still in Hell."                      - Gary Larson