Typically you need only the vncviewer to be able to connect to a server.
However, if you are looking for something a little more secure, you might
want to take a look at ZVNC from http://home.attbi.com/~davedyer/znc/zvnc.html

ZVNC, a Windows only solution, integrates both Blowfish encryption and
compression into VNC, while remaining compatible with both ordinary VNC and
with configurations where VNC and ZeBeDee are used in combination. More
information on ZeBeDee can be found at http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee/.

                         Michael Milette