Odd. I have just tried it with both a native Solaris viewer and a viewer on a
Windows 2000 system. The tool bar responds even if all of Num Lock, Caps Lock
and Scroll Lock are on.

I'm not sure what's happening with this.

> > The only real problem I have with this setup is that my
> > Backspace and Delete keys are no longer recognized (really
> > annoying). Hitting the BS key just returns '^H', hitting the
> > delete key aborts what you had typed and issues a LF/new line.

Check your 'stty' settings (stty -a). You will probably find that the Delete
key is 'interrupt', and backspace isn't bound to anything. (If I recall
correctly, some terminal windows got confused about stty settings when no
original terminal could be found.)

In your shell .rc file (.bashrc, if you're using bash), you'll need to add
something like:
  if [ -t 0 ];then
    stty intr ^c erase ^h kill ^u
 end if

> > I am hoping this is something really simple, maybe with this
> > new setup (dtsession &) I now need to configure in my
> > .dtprofile, my .login or my .profile,

- --

Grant McDorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Sr. Software Design Consultant
Cedara Software Corp.  <URL:http://www.cedara.com>
  (formerly I.S.G. Technologies Inc.)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada