On Mon Jun 02, 2003 at 09:19:55AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  I looked in the archives and couldn't find an
> answer which fit the issue.  I looked at the URL you provided in your
> answer and conclude that the answer to my question is no - the URL
> provided info about performing inbound VNC connection restrictions based
> upon source IP address.  I want to know if VNC will provide a pop-up
> question like SMS that the end-user can answer in the affirmative or
> negative to allow or disallow an admin to take remote control of their PC.

The details on the page aren't the simplest to understand but the answer
to your query is yes.  The default QuerySetting value is fine so all
you'll need to do is change the AuthHosts values - an entry of "?" would
query for all incoming connections and one of (e.g.) "-:?10.10.5" would
block all connections other than from 10.10.5.0/255.255.255.0 and query
the user for accepting those.  The QueryTimeout value sets how long the
query box will be on screen (after which the connection will be
automatically refused).

HTH,
        Robin
--
     ___
    ( ' }     |       Robin Hill        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |