From: perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:03 PM
To: James Weatherall
Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: RE: viewer not working in XP

I open the VNC viewer in Windows XP and it prompts me for the IP
address and connection number - I input 192.168.1.101:1 (the local
addr of the linux machine running the vncserver) and then the linux
machine says it has rcvd a conenction from 192.168.1.100 but nothing
shows up on the XP side, it never prompts me for the password or
anything further.

This is the same way I was always doing it before.  I can ping the
1.100 machine from 1.101 and vice versa.  And I can use VNC through
the http interface (but it's a little slow and jittery for my needs).
I can also connect to the linux vncserver from a separate linux
machine.