Hi,

I'm using VNC through VPN. Client is Linux Fedora Core 4(FC4) and
Server is Solaris 10. Invoking from the client side, my speed(rate
transmission) is degrading, meant very slow...

It is confirmed that the Throughput downgrades to 269 kbit/s.
See bottom messages. What do they mean ? Is the VPN switch making
decision to downgrade ?

The FC4 machine is behind a D-Link router in which I've
played/changed the MTU size without any success.

Any suggestion will be welcomed. Many thanks.
Abdon.

------ From the client (FC4), I getting the following messages :

> vncviewer wcars0xg:1

VNC Viewer Free Edition 4.1.1 for X - built Apr 27 2005 02:25:46
Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.
See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.

Wed Jan 25 22:35:57 2006
 CConn:       connected to host wcars0xg port 5901
 CConnection: Server supports RFB protocol version 3.3
 CConnection: Using RFB protocol version 3.3

Wed Jan 25 22:36:03 2006
 TXImage:     Using default colormap and visual, TrueColor, depth 24.
 CConn:       Using pixel format depth 6 (8bpp) rgb222
 CConn:       Using ZRLE encoding
 CConn:       Throughput 6227 kbit/s - changing to hextile encoding
 CConn:       Throughput 6227 kbit/s - changing to full colour
 CConn:       Using pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian
rgb888
 CConn:       Using hextile encoding

Wed Jan 25 22:37:42 2006
 CConn:       Throughput 269 kbit/s - changing to ZRLE encoding
 CConn:       Using ZRLE encoding