On 2021-01-22 12:44, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
The number in question is not with us, and never has been.  We believe the customer abandoned the number long ago.  They have been with us 5+ years, and we had never seen that number before.  So it's probably abandoned with the old carrier

I can /totally/ see how that situation would have occurred.

and we can't do anything about it.

You and/or your subscriber should try contacting the PSAP record keeping people.  I can tell you who that would be for me in Minnesota <https://ies911.com/>. Maybe somebody else can chime in with more useful terminology here.