In message <20130812213441.yeqem...@smtp16.mail.yandex.net>, Charles Steinmetz
writes:

>>I have to disagree on one point, You CAN do a TRACABLE calibration
>>without any approval. What you can't do is  ACCREDITED  Calibration.

Agreed, those are two very different things.

Tracability is about the instruments performance.

Accreditation (and certification) is a legal framework of trust
and responsibility, and it's waaaaaay too expensive for the
benefits you get.

Many larger companies could buy their own Josephson standard for
the money they waste on certificates and fancy stamps on their
multimeters every year.

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956