The first bit of code I wrote was for DOS/WIN98.  It was kludged into an old
serial port monitoring program that I wrote in like 1985... using Microsoft
QuickC.
I am now working on a version that uses John Miles GPIBKIT library.  It is on
an NT system...  the code is also in C (Microsoft Visual Studio (?) compiler,
although with .CPP file name extension).  It should be compatible with WIN98
and later.  That code seems to be woking fine with my Prologix emulator, but is
having some issues with the NI GPIB-232CV box.