Steve,

I don't have immediate access to the User's Guide right now to help you with
the exact front panel procedure but you can fully program multiple commands
into the numbered keys via front panel. I used the front panel to program the
#1 key for best resolution DCV measurements as defined by the "Front Panel
Quick Start Guide". #2 key for best resolution ACV measurements and the #3 Key
for best 4-wire ohms measurements. Both the User's Guide and the Quick start
Guide covers the procedure.

The HP 3458A was actually sold by Fluke and included a Fluke front panel
plastic overlay with all of the numbered keys programmed for multiple command
macros. I adopted the #1, #2 & #3 key schema.

Don