WRONG!

VOP supports Watchdog Packets very well. Each client definition has a setting for how long to wait for watchdog packets (Interim Processing). In my case, my NAS send interim packets ever 300 seconds and I have VOP set to wait 900 seconds before clearing a user for which no interim packets were received.

Interim Packet = Watchdog Packet.

Therefore, I will remain <unsatisfied> with globalpops as this should be simple to do on their part.

Brad Johnson

  Systems Administrator

    Local Link Network Operations

 

 


From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darrell McDowell
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneous login limit exceeded" (wholesale ports)

 

only problem with fingering GlobalPops as the problem, is that they didn't make the software, the issue here is VOPRadius, it DOESN'T SUPPORT   watchdog packets.. if your mad at someone, be mad at them, if you want this feature in your radius - email blast vircom, and/or call them.

 

Darrell 

 

-------Original Message-------

 

Date: Thursday, May 20, 2004 09:19:55

Subject: [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneous login limit exceeded" (wholesale ports)

 

I look at it this way ….. I have several reasons that their suggestions won’t work (many of them mentioned here). They are providing the service. Cater to the customer and add one more special function to your already highly customized radius servers. Send me a Watchdog packet every 5 minutes.

 

I’d like to know how many here are using globalpops and thing they should do something about this issue. I’ll mention the number to the sales rep when I’m chewing on him.

 

Brad Johnson

  Systems Administrator

    Local Link Network Operations

 

* * * C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y S T A T E M E N T * * * This E-MAIL message and any accompanying documents contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The information contained within is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail or by telephone at 419-661-1233 so that we can prevent a reoccurrence. Thank you in advance for your strict compliance and assistance.

* * * C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y S T A T E M E N T * * * This E-MAIL message and any accompanying documents contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The information contained within is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail or by telephone at 419-661-1233 so that we can prevent a reoccurrence. Thank you in advance for your strict compliance and assistance.

* * * C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y S T A T E M E N T * * * This E-MAIL message and any accompanying documents contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The information contained within is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail or by telephone at 419-661-1233 so that we can prevent a reoccurrence. Thank you in advance for your strict compliance and assistance.

 

 

 

 

 

Reply via email to