Jed Rothwell writes:

> That would be good news, but the editor said she is not interested in
> articles about CF. Who told you she might accept one?

I think the operative distinction here is what is "cold". Arguably, the use of a laser
raises this to a new "category," a notch above the dreaded "pathological" variety of
LENR... after all LLNL wasted over $ 2billion on laser fusion with nothing to show
except a lot of articles in the old FT.

>  > If you read the experiment carefully, and understand that it is not just a
>  > laser, but a laser tuned to an exact frequency which coincides with a
>  > *quantum state,* and saw the part about the adverse effects of
>  > polarization, then it is clear that yes, the laser light is absolutely critical
>  > for this experiment, heat will not work . . .

> But heat does, in fact, work.

Heat does work occassionally in *other* types of cells (Li Cell, Case Cell) but the
effect of using heat seem clearly to be far less robust and far less reproducible.

> And it works in dark cells. As I mentioned,
> tapping a cell sometimes works. So I do not see what can be "absolutely
> critical" about it.

The key distinction there is "sometimes". I suppose a magic wand might work
"sometimes," but the whole thrust of the recent effort is to get some experiment to
the level of certain reproducibility, and with energetic output in the form of direct
ELECTRICAL output, rather than heat.

> You think so? That's funny. I just finished writing in an essay: "It is a
> shame cold fusion does not produce electricity directly, but so far there
> is no evidence that it can."

I guess this gets back to how much you emphasize the "cold". Obviously if your
reaction requires a liquid electrolyte, then the direct-conversion of charged
particles is probably out of the question and heat is your only evidence.

> Do you think Mizuno's plasma fusion might lend itself to this technique?

Yes, Definitely. Any plasma technique should be amenable.

> By the way, two of Mizuno's recent papers have been temporarily withdrawn
> from the library.

Perhaps the "The Ministry of Fun" is one step ahead and has already realized the
importance of implementing a direct-conversion technique for Mizuno (w or w/o his
knowledge), but first is trying to get some kind of IP status going ?

Jones