Dear Vorts:

   Despite the comments posted here, the optical irradiation
of cold fusion cathodes dates back to 1989.

    Our paper from the Proceedings of ICCF-10 discusses
this (paper #2 of 3 at ICCF-10), the physics involved,
the role of heavy water, and biphasic effects.
The paper is, to my knowledge and belief,
not available at the censored LENR site.

    Any vort, student, or scientist who would like a copy of the
paper prepublication, please send me a private email,
subject: Photoinduced Excess Heat,
and I will send a copy of the manuscript thereafter by email.
  The abstract of this paper is below,
and the paper itself runs about 2 Megabytes in a pdf file.

   Other papers on cold fusion science and engineering
not available elsewhere but published will shortly
be available at the COLD FUSION TIMES
web site http://world.std.com/~mica/cft.html
and the JET Thermal Products web site
at http://world.std.com/~mica/jet.html

The second website includes a page showing our public demonstration
of cold fusion, which was openly shown at MIT during the last week
of August 2003 at ICCF-10.
http://world.std.com/~mica/jeticcf10demo.html

   Hope that helps.

         Dr. Mitchell Swartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---------- Abstract from ICCF-10 -----------------------

Photoinduced Excess Heat from Laser-Irradiated
Electrically-Polarized Palladium Cathodes in D2O
Mitchell R. Swartz
JET Thermal Products

There is a positive photothermoelectric response for optically-irradiated
[670 nm laser, 3.5 milliwatts] spiral-wound, electrically-polarized
palladium cathodes in very low electrical conductivity heavy water.
An incremental photoinduced excess heat of ~89+/-16 milliwatts
results from a ~3 milliwatt incident optical beam,
but only in the presence of a functioning active loaded cathode.
The power gain at high input power levels
has a biphasic photothermoelectric response.