Hi Nick.

Nice pix!

Presumably those little explosions are pockets
of gas igniting, or erosion events.  Cave, Frater!
you can ignite the whole volume of gas and
have a little D2 chemical explosion.

I had good electrode stability with a thicker dia
platinum rod; and I like the geometry of the
triangle. A cone would be even more stable, like an igniter
in an ignitron.

Can you calibrate the neutron detector? It's important to
set some kind of limits for the ( so far it seems )
null results. Perhaps someone can loan you a cup
of neutrons to test with....

If the plasma sheath covers the whole electrode
and you increase the voltage, you begin to enter
the anomalous glow regime of discharge. Some folks
have claimed magical things happen here. Beyond the
fairy lights and the will-o-the-wisp as shown in your pics.

BTW, is Bounty even _rated_ for heavy water spills?

K.