Hi Thomas,

> From: thomas malloy

> >So, you know for an absolute fact that Allah isn't God?

> Different name; yod hay vav hay as opposed to Allah,
> different legal system; Sharia verses Torah, different treatment
> of women; no need to comment further on that, eh? different
> outcomes, the nations whose legal systems are based on British
> Common Law are first and second world economies and democracies,
> the Islamist nations are, with the exception of Turkey, all
> third world dictatorships.

In other words, if you believe in Allah you must prefer dictatorships over
democracies?

Allah = dictatorships?

That's why Allah isn't god?

>>>  That's why men study the scriptures. The Islamists do the same
>>>  with the Quran.
>
>>...and your point?

>That a war between us is inevitable

I guess there must be some sense of comfort in believing that one has already
read the last chapter of the book. An old acquaintance of mine always used to
first read the last pages of a novel that she was considering purchasing, bless
her heart.

>>>  But you see it is carved in stone
>
>>I think Mel Brooks playing the role of Moses got it right when
>> in a movie he comes down from the mountain holding three tablets
>> in his arm given to him by God. "Behold!" Moses shouts to his
>> people, "I give you..." and then one of the three tablets slips
>> out of his hands hits the ground shattering into a thousand tiny
>> little pieces. Moses, hesitates for a second and then holds
>> up the remaining two tablets "...I give you the ten commandments."
>>
>>Anybody can have a bad day.

>There are some things that are not appropriate to make fun of, the
>Law (Torah) is one of them.

You might want to take that up with Mr. Brooks. Be sure to tell Mel it was
inappropriate of him to have made fun of the Torah.

I'm curious. Do you think God has a sense of humor?

BTW, I'm not joking.

>>  >Regardless of whether one is an Atheist or not, I would hope most
>>  >individuals would be able to find deep down within themselves a
>>  >spark of divinity, or least the proxy of divinity.
>>
>>  Have you ever heard of eschatology? Of the verses which were
>>  prophetic at the time they were written, 75% have come to pass. Does
>>  that suggest something about the other 25%? Further more, this war
>>  which is between
>>  us and Islam, was not my idea, but it was prophecized, and we are
>>  powerless to stop it.  The election of W, along with the controversy
>>  surrounding it, and the war were all predicted in the Bible Code.
>
>It wasn't my idea either.

The question is what are you going to do about it?

Not voting for "W" is what I did about it. Voting for Kerry is what I did about
it. Obviously, there will be more that I'll have to do about it.

> There was no way that I was going to stand by and allow a man
> I know to be a traitor, who's only consistent position was in
> defense of infantacide to be elected President. I not only
> voted for W, I volunteered to help in his campaign!

It is probably not a good idea to get into the contentious abortion debate here
in vortex-l.

>> If so, I'm curious. Did you vote for "W" because you personally
>> felt he was the right man for the job or because it was the will
>> of god?

> I think that W is way to liberal, however given the choice.

Kind of like the lesser of two evils?

So, voting for "W" was your personal choice, meaning your choice may not have
had all that much to do with the will of god?

> Speaking of bible code: You might enjoy reading Carl Sagan's
> book "Contact".

>> However, being the
>> scientist that he was I speculate that Sagan felt compelled to
>> reconcile these two areas in his life.

> Carl got saved before he died. It's funny how staring death in
> the face will do that for some people

So, you know Carl got "saved" before he died? Did you talk to Ann Druyan, his
late wife about alleged conversion?

How do you explain the following comment found at link:
http://www.answers.com/topic/carl-sagan
"...Thoughts on Life and Death at the End of the Millennium, published after
Sagan's death, contains essays written by Sagan, such as his views on abortion,
and Ann Druyan's account of his death as a non-believer."

> John Ankerberg www.johnankerberg.org has a book, Creator and
> the Cosmos, on his website, the author, the astrophysicist Hugh
> Ross has the details all of the conditions which are critical
> for the development of life. If you do a search under Hugh's
> name you can find the link to the book.

Personally, I've never had an issue reconciling my views on the concept of
"Intelligent Design" with  the current evolving theories of evolution. IOW, I
don't necessarily think these two points of view are incompatible with each
other, but that's just me.

Viewing Ankerberg's web site I noticed there is a downloadable link, "Did Jesus
Rise From the Dead Transcript." Next to the link is a painting of the ascendant
Jesus floating above the clouds. Being an artist I've always found it odd that
Jesus is often depicted by artists (particularly western artists) as a very
Caucasian looking being.

All any artist can do is interpret the world as he/she sees it, the key word
being "interpret".

I take it much of Ankerberg's views are open to interpretation as well?

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com