Merlyn replied;

Fundamentalists always cite that God influenced those
keepers of knowledge so that the translation is just
as accurate as the original, but I have problems
believing that.  History abounds with examples of men
misinterpreting scripture to justify heinous acts.

That's why it's important to learn to read Hebrew. We know that the text has come down to us unchanged because Bible Code works. It's not just that it's there, but it has accurately predicted events.

--- "Stephen A. Lawrence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Merlyn wrote:
 >As for prophecy, that's all in the interpretation,

True, but Evangelical Christians, who approach the Bible as inerrorant, and literal have by in large come to the same conclusions

> This verse NAMES CYRUS, specifically, and designates
 him the instrument
 to be used in ending the Exile.  Cyrus was born
 perhaps 150 years after
 Isaiah died.  No way this was just a lucky guess!!
 And it's not open to
> much "interpretation".

Alexander the Great was so impressed with the prophecies concerning him that he set up a commission to translate the Hebrew version into Greek.