At 12:49 AM 3/28/5, Grimer wrote:
>Whilst researching the work of the Graneau's I
>came across the following.

>http://users.erols.com/iri/FutureEnergyTech.html
>
>         Cold Fog Discovery
>
>Many other systems exist today, in a research,
>development, or theoretical stage, which also
>convert potential energy into useful work. The
>first example is the "Cold Fog" invention of
>Dr. Peter Graneau from Northeastern University
>that converts chemical bond energy into kinetic
>energy. Intermolecular bond energy in water is
>an available amount of energy estimated at 2.3
>kJ/g.

"Bond energy" in a traditional sense is an energy well, a *lack* of
potential energy, not a source of potential energy, unless the bond
constituants are free of the bond or able to bond to other substances and
thereby create a deeper energy well.  However, Graneau and Graneau do
indeed suggest there exists some mechanism whereby energy can be stored in
molecular bonds, and that the source of the energy so stored is solar.

>When injected with a high voltage capacitor
>discharge of 39.8 Joules, normal rainwater is
>accelerated into a cold fog that loses about
>31.2 Joules of low-grade heat and a comparable
>amount (29.2 Joules) in fog kinetic energy output.
>As reported in the Journal of Plasma Physics,[3]
>the output energy thus exceeds the input energy
>by about 100% creating a 2-to-1 overunity
>condition favorable for reduction to a motorized
>conversion system.
>
>                 Capacitor Input
>               Energy: 39.8 joules
>                         !
>Fog Kinetic En.  <-  Cold Fog   ->  Low Grade Heat
>  29.2 Joules       Accelerator       31.2 Joules
>
>Now this is not a million miles from the type of thing
>that Jones and I have been suggesting. Furthermore, it
>is clearly over unity and unequivocally recognised to
>be so.
[snip]

"Unequivocally recognised" seems a bit strong.

Graneau and Graneau certainly have been subject to plenty of criticism in
the usenet sci groups regarding their research.  It is not exactly
considered mainstream.  I am not saying here that their experimental
results are not right though.  It should be noted however, that, AFAIK,
even the Graneau's do not suggest the source of energy is "free".  Their
experiments showed that the same experiments repeated with the same water
do not produce the same excess energy. It has to be re-energized by
exposure to the sun.  Unless there has been some development of which I am
unaware, there is no repeatable closed box mechanism suggested to
repeatably create "over unity" energy.

Regards,

Horace Heffner