Mark Goldes posted

MPI has been supporting How Wachspress, an inventor who holds a Patent and has done many experiments that suggest a free-flying magnetic levitator can become practical, and provide a better path to access to space.

The concept of an electrically powered levitation system is very interesting. The proposed Space Elevator is neither fast or cheap. Now all we have to do is come up with a low weight electrical supply system.

I just had an email exchange with Kiril Chukanov. He didn't hold out the hope of any help on the home heating system that I'd like to build however.

A levitator can be designed to take off and land at ordinary airports, using the geomagnetic field as the stator of a very clever electric motor. The geomagnetic field can be used for braking, eliminating the need for heat shields.

I have to admit that the proposed system would be great if it worked. One of the local TV stations just did a story on the people who live under the approach to the new runway at our airport.

We anticipate that electricity for the propulsion system will be supplied by our Magnetic Power Modules.

As I mentioned above Mark, I'm looking for a home heating unit.

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---