I have a strange idea from current ambiance and connection with indonesia...

Basic income could be connected to agrarian reform.
Usually agrarian refor don't give subsidies, but simply redistribute assets
to small actors, the farmers, who can exploit them.

if robots take all our manual jobs, except a few "winner take all" for
stars (I am not so convinced there will be only winner take all jobs, since
"street corner" creativity and service will grow), then a good solution
could be to distribute robots, capital, to the population.

the current evolution of the society seems to go to massive self
entrepreneur, like it is in emerging countries (India, Indonesia), with a
very dynamic unstructures local economy.
In western countries this moves is expressed with collaborative economy
which is simply normal business with cheap entry cost and self
entrepreneurship.
see AirBnb, Blablacar, E-bay, Leboncoin (fr), Uber, ...

I see the end of big corps replaced by a mesh of independent talents,
independent local creativity, independent local services...
in fact replaced but transformed into exchange platforms like amazon,uber,
blablacar...

this is why I am not afraid of the disapearance of salary. the robot will
do work that will thus be cheap.
If the don't do it for cheap, then people who will get the money will be
the investors.
today it is tycoon and retired people who get money from the capital.
maybe the solution is to force people to be capitalist ;-)

De soto
https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/d/desoto-capital.html
explaisn what I have observed, that even poor people have capital, and can
access capital.

Capital can be the land, the rooms, the moped, the car, a cooking stove,
knowledge in cooking, human network in another city, frequent travel to a
place...

In new economie there is a winner take all tendency, but also a "glory
never last long" phenomenon. google take over MS who was over taken by
apple, who are taken by microsoft.
nokia had glory, replace by apple, then samsung, then huawei and motorola...

it is a change for people , especially in EU, that like football player you
can be rich but improbably, and for a short time... anyway with few, with
luck, with work, you can run a good business around your street, provided
you exploit your assets, instead of any exceptional talent.

I imagine also that soon like in showbusiness, there will be a handful of
stars, but a crowd of local players, proposing normal service, helped by a
global winner take all temporarily platform like amazon,

you will buy your jewelry designed by a neigbours from amazon, restaurant
nearby sold under the hat of pizaa hut...

question is to spread capital and entrepreneur competence, not teh ability
to fill a tax declaration and manage a lawyer, but simply find ideas,
accept failures, hear the clients, the market...
undeducated people do it very well, so forget about school unequality.

the less competent will have to find a job for someone else, and they will
learn by doing.