Dave and Gigi--

The pump used in the Mizuno test was a Iwaki Co. Magnet Pump, MD-6K-N. This
reflects the information provided by Jed on page 20 of his report.

I was not able to find that specific pump model on the Iwaki web page, but did
find a similar one, MD-6 8l/11l which indicates the range of flow it is rated
for. These specified rated capacities are 8.7 liters per min. at .25 A and 115
Volts AC and 11.7 liters per min. at .4 A and 115 Volts AC.  This is a range of
wattage from about 29 watts to 46 watts for this Iwaki. Similar pump specs for
Iwaki pumps can be found at the following web page:

https://gsvit.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/md.pdf

Jed calculated that the test setup cooled at a rate of about 1.7 watts (page 16
of his report) without heat input.  The Iwaik pump, if running, would have
added heat at about 29 watts per the pump specification.  This was more than
enough to raise the temperature without any reactor heat source given the
recorded decrease of 1.7 watts when nothing was running or reacting.

This is based on information about the pump specs in the Vendors tech papers
regarding a similar pump.

 Dave is correct that the increased flow rate would involve increased power
from the pump at 16 liters per minute.  However, the pump was not rated for
such flow and would not have been able to handle it.  (See the pump head curve
specifications for a similar MD- 6 pump in the above reference web page.)  The
argument between Gigi and Dave regarding kinetic energy of flow is purely
academic.  It does not relate the Mizuno test as far as I can tell.  I wonder
what kind of pump Gigi was using to get the flow at 8 l per minute through the
small tube, half the size of the tubes used in the Mizuno test as I understand.

In summary and IMHO,

I doubt the Mizuno test produced any excess heat.

Bob Cook